Saturday, February 22, 2014

The House of Night novels (HoN)

To be honest with you guys, I read the House of Night novels about four years ago. A few days ago, I started rereading them.
 
I love these books, and I have ever since my wonderful best friend's fantastic grandmother (or Nana, as we call her) introduced me to them four years ago!
 
They're unique, no matter what you may hear about the vampire genre cliche. They're totally and completely, 100% unique, and they're targeted at way more than just the young women audience. Okay, maybe that's where most of their fanbase lies, but that's also because guys don't typically open their minds enough to read, let alone want to read so-called "girly" books.
 
No offense to guys who read, because that is completely attractive when guys read. No kidding whatsoever. And I also think that EVERYONE, I mean everyone in the world, should read, so I'm not being sexist or anything like that, it's just a general statement and you guys who do read out there are definitely special and have nothing to be ashamed of and are amazing because reading is the most amazing thing in the world. And I know guys who read a lot get made fun of a lot, and you guys really shouldn't have to put up with that. Smart guys are way more attractive than dumb ones. Why do you think girls (women) all go for the doctor and lawyer types?
 
Okay, sorry for that little completely off-topic paragraph. Just wanted to be clear on my views.
 
Back to HoN. 
 
So, I recently started rereading these amazing books, and I want you to all come into these reviews ith completely open minds because I think I can promise that you won't regret it.
 
I'm in love with these characters, and these books. I haven't even begun to tell you of this amazing world of ancients, with vampyres and Marks and magick and Nyx. Stick around for it. You'll most definitely find something you like about these books, and I know that's a promise I can make.
 
~Jessicah

No comments:

Post a Comment