Saturday, July 27, 2013

Goddess Interrupted (The Goddess Test #2)

Goddess Interrupted was much better than the first book. However, it was not so great, once I thought about it.

I was so very frustrated with everyone in here. Except Ava. She acted pretty much the same and wasn't as annoying.

So, this is the continuation of The Goddess Test. James and Kate just got back from their vacation and it's now time for Kate to go home. To the Underworld. Unfortunately, there's something big going on and no one will tell her what it is.

When she finally finds out what it is, she blames everything on herself. Kate, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were a freaking masochist, but I have this feeling that you're not. You're so ready to be a martyr! Stop it! Just...stop! I have so many problems with all the blame that you're taking on yourself for things that have nothing to do with you! Argh!

Henry is captured after treating Kate pretty badly. I get that he doesn't know how to show the affection. I really do get it. But he could've kissed her or something, and all the misunderstanding and bad feelings between them would've just gone away in the first place! When they finally started talking near the end, I was so happy. Finally they would get over everything! But no. Not everything happens how it should.

Persephone is back, and she's an annoying bitch, for the most part. I won't say for all of it, but mostly, yes. She does things only if it means she'll benefit. It's so freaking annoying. 

Henry shows Persephone more affection than Kate. Wow. That pissed me off. I can't even.

Calliope is back and crazier than ever. The insane woman actually thinks she'll kill Kate. HA.

This whole thing was very frustrating! All the misunderstandings and everything where any normal person would've probably been able to solve it sooner!

I did like the plot development, though. I will say that. Really, the book wasn't all that bad, the characters were just very frustrating at times. You may see it differently, I don't know. Go see for yourself.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

~Jessicah

No comments:

Post a Comment