Monday, July 29, 2013

Introductions (The Academy #1)

Title: The Academy - Introductions
Author: C.L. Stone
Series?: The Academy
Synopsis:
With an agoraphobic mother and a barely-there father, Sang abhors the isolation keeping her in the shadows. The only thing Sang craves is a fresh start and to be accepted as ordinary by her peers, because for her being different meant being cast out alone.

When her family moves to a new school district, Sang infiltrates a group of boys nearly perfect in every way. Grateful for an influence outside of her parents’ negativity, she quickly bonds with the boys, hoping to blend in and learn from them what it means to have a natural relationship with friends.

Only the boys have secrets of their own and they’ll do anything to keep her safe from the knowledge of the mysterious Academy that they've sworn allegiance to. Bit by bit, Sang discovers that her friends are far from the normalcy she expected. Will her loyalty change when she's forced to remain in the dark, or will she accept that she's traded one house of secrets for another?

Meet Kota, Victor, Silas, Nathan, Gabriel, Luke and North in a story about differences and loyalty, truth and mystery, friendships and heart-throbbing intimacy.

The Academy, ever vigilant.
Why I Read This:
I was browsing NetGalley for anything that caught my eye, and this just so happened to. I'm quite lucky that it did catch my eye, because I had never heard of it before, an I'm really glad that I was able to see this place with Sang and everyone else.
My Thoughts/Review:
This was an amazing book, full of unexpected little quirks and fun things. It had me roaring with laughter at some points, then it had me crying. I feel like my emotions were on a roller-coaster ride that I did not consent to, but had fun on nevertheless....which is a good thing.
Sang Sorenson has never really had any contact with people before. She has....but she hasn't. She hasn't ever had friends, and definitely not any guys who hung around her. She's different. Her mother is practically a control freak and won't let any guys come around her, or she goes ballistic.
Sang wants freedom from the cage her mother has her in, though. And her unexpected meeting with these boys could bring with them just that. Plus, she'll have a chance at having a real relationship with someone as a friend. Soon, though, she finds out that there are secrets that have to be kept and tension rises. Can she stand being left out of the loop with her new friends, though?
**
I loved Sang. I could really relate to her. Well, not about being literally trapped in my house by my mother and all that stuff, but the way she acted. She isn't sociable, obviously. I can relate to that. The books thing, the hair thing, a lot of things and little quirks about her just got me relating to her. I happen to have controlling parents, as well, so I could relate a little on that spectrum. I just adored how real she was and how real everyone's reactions were.
Kota was awesome, as were all the other guys! If I had to pick a favorite, though, I'd have to pick North. I have this thing for bad boys, and he definitely has that image.
**
There were so many scenes that I loved in this book, but I don't want to spoil them! I can't wait to read the next book! I will definitely be keeping my eye on this series! :)
I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.
~Jessicah

No comments:

Post a Comment